Cherry Hamilton Bond, CEA Communications Manager, says:
“For the easiest evangelism you’ll ever do, point non-Christians to Christianity.org.uk. They will discover beautifully presented, comprehensive and objective information about the Christian faith. They’ll also be able to have a confidential conversation with a Christian – not an automated bot, but a real person who listens as well as talks, gives balanced information and gently encourages enquirers to find out more.”
- The Christian Enquiry Agency (CEA) is a charity registered in the United Kingdom (UK Registered Charity Number 1152730). The charity was set up by Churches Together in England. It is now an independent registered charity.
- We’ve been up and running for many years, but are launching a brand new site in January 2020. The new site will have completely fresh content and a new look. It will be more searchable, up-to-date, comprehensive and make it easier for enquirers to start a conversation.We are funded purely by grants and donations from churches, trusts and individuals who want ordinary people to hear the good news of Jesus.
- We are funded purely by grants and donations from churches, trusts and individuals who want ordinary people to hear the good news of Jesus.
- We currently have two patrons who are Baroness Maeve Sherlock and Lord David Alton.
- We have no ads on the site and never ask for money from enquirers.
- We only ever respond to enquiries, and never contact enquirers outside of this. However, we will continue to respond to enquirers until they no longer contact us.
- All conversations are held by carefully vetted Christian staff and volunteers.
- Robust data protection and safeguarding policies are in place and available on request.
- In all our articles and conversations we aim to give clear, balanced, information about the Christian faith, with God’s love running as a thread throughout. We hope to encourage people to explore more about Christianity.
- All our articles and conversations set out the (often diverse) views of Christians from different denominations, and not our personal opinions.
- All articles are written by experienced and knowledgable Christian writers.
- We are including a new range of articles on spirituality, identity and other issues where current trends and Christianity intertwine.
- We will add new articles to the site regularly, and promote the URL widely, including on social media.
- There will be a page, formally the Christian Enquiry Agency site, showing churches how they can use the URL on their websites and materials.
- There will be a new Resources section for enquirers wanting to find out more, access courses, daily Bible readings etc.
- We have a new Help me God! page for those not knowing where to turn. We give details of the Samaritans, Childline and other organisations for urgent enquiries. For less urgent enquiries and those of a more spiritual nature, we suggest prayers and links to start the enquirer on their journey.
- Alongside the primary offerings of articles about Christianity and email conversations, we offer prayer, through our team of pray-ers, free gospels and help with finding a local church/Christian course.
- We are UK based, and are only able to offer resources and help with finding a church within the UK. However, we can, and often do, engage in email conversations with and offer prayer for those outside the UK.
- Our URL is currently used and promoted by Hope, the Methodist Church, the Baptist Church and many other organisations. We would like more Christian organisations to be aware and make use of our free services.
For further information or interviews, please contact Cherry on email@example.com.