Who is behind the website?
Christianity.org.uk is the website of the Christian Enquiry Agency Ltd, a registered charity. Originally set up by Churches Together in England, the charity is accountable to the CTE’s Group for Evangelisation.
What is it seeking to do?
The purpose is to inform people about Jesus Christ and Christianity. We hope that men and women will take steps of faith and become ever-closer followers of Jesus Christ as a result of what they discover. It is our prayer that having an active faith will improve their lives.
The Christian Enquiry Agency responds to enquirers by giving them what they ask for, and only what they ask for. Typically, people might ask to be sent part of the Bible that tells the story of Jesus (a Gospel). They might request our hundreds of supporters to pray about something, ask a question about Christianity, request a conversation, or seek a local church or group where they can explore issues of faith.
Who pays for it?
The work of the Christian Enquiry Agency is entirely dependent on donations and grants. These come from churches, trusts and individuals. No one who contacts CEA to ask a question about Christianity is ever asked for money.
What kind of Christianity?
The website and personal responses reflect a conventional, moderate Christian faith. They do not represent any one denomination, but all of them. If Christians take different views on a subject, all viewpoints are explained in an unbiased way.
Is it safe?
If I have a complaint?
In the first instance, address complaints to the chairperson of the CEA trustees, Revd Dr Jo Cox-Darling in an envelope marked ‘Confidential’ to the address below.
Am I allowed to link from another website to Christianity.org.uk?
Yes. Full instructions are available at https://christianenquiryagency.org.uk/use-us/ If you need help, contact us.
How do I make contact?
e-mail us at: enquiries[at]christianity.org.uk
Write to us at: Christian Enquiry Agency, Selsdon House, 212-220 Addington Road, South Croydon, CR2 8LD.
You are giving your personal information on this website to the Christian Enquiry Agency (CEA) (UK Registered Charity Number 1152730) and it will only be used for the purpose you have requested. This is how we use it:
- Personal data and information is never passed on to any other agency without your consent.
- We will only contact you by email, apart from requested books being sent by post.
- Prayer requests are copied each week, without giving names, onto a list that is emailed to a large number of CEA supporters who pray to God about the situations.
- The personal information supplied to the website is held securely in the CEA office, part of the Deo-Gloria Trust.
- If you are requesting a response, your message is forwarded to a CEA Digital Evangelist.
• If you are 18-years old and over, the ongoing email conversation is completely confidential.
• If you are under 18-years old, the email conversation is copied to a CEA trustee in accordance with the CEA Safeguarding Policy.
• If you are under 13-years old, we regret that we cannot continue an email correspondence with you.
• The exception to the above may be in the event of a disclosure of abuse, in accordance with the CEA Safeguarding policy.
6. The Deo Gloria Trust, which supports the computer system and administration of the CEA has satisfactory data protection policies, security and procedures in place.
7. Any enquiry about your personal data held by the CEA should be made by email to data[at}christianity.org.uk. You may ask for your data to be deleted.